PRE-RACE TEST RUNS
It was pinewood derby this month for cub scout pack meeting. I am on the committee and was in charge of the awards. I also helped with the decor (a little), and made twinkie derby cars for dessert. The boys worked on their cars intermittently with Tim for about 3 weeks and were so proud of the end result. They seemed to be very fast during the test run, so they were very excited to go and race. Rex and Jess came to help us cheer them on, and partake in the hot dogs and chips. We realized at the end of the night that the track lanes ran at different speeds...so Spencer ended up 3rd in his den...but almost made 3rd place overall, go figure :). And Collin came in 2nd in his den. They both were happy to have made it to the finals and had a great night. Overall it was a successful evening with everyone showing lots of good sportsmanship. Garrett and Ethan also had a blast cheering from the sideline. Cub Scouts Rocks!
It was pinewood derby this month for cub scout pack meeting. I am on the committee and was in charge of the awards. I also helped with the decor (a little), and made twinkie derby cars for dessert. The boys worked on their cars intermittently with Tim for about 3 weeks and were so proud of the end result. They seemed to be very fast during the test run, so they were very excited to go and race. Rex and Jess came to help us cheer them on, and partake in the hot dogs and chips. We realized at the end of the night that the track lanes ran at different speeds...so Spencer ended up 3rd in his den...but almost made 3rd place overall, go figure :). And Collin came in 2nd in his den. They both were happy to have made it to the finals and had a great night. Overall it was a successful evening with everyone showing lots of good sportsmanship. Garrett and Ethan also had a blast cheering from the sideline. Cub Scouts Rocks!
COLLIN CELEBRATES A HEAT WIN!
GARRETT ENTHUSIASTICALLY CHEERS ON HIS BROTHERS!!
SPENCER REALLY LIKED THE HOT DOGS! :)






I'm so glad they had so much fun! The twinkie cars sound brillant!
ReplyDeleteCute pictures guys!!! I am so glad that you entered the world of blogging!! I love it!!! This is how we all stay in contact! Keep posting!!! Check out our page:
ReplyDeletefrayerfamily.blogspot.com I put yours on my page so I can check it all the time. Love you guys!
Jaimee
Those boys are growing up fast. It's great to read your fun stories. Oh, and my Spencer loves the hot dogs, too!
ReplyDelete