Saturday, November 21, 2009

JANAE MARGARET HILL


1 YEAR OLD
It has already been 1 year since you came to our family and blessed our lives with your sweet little spirit. I remember when we found out that you were a girl, and I literally could not believe it. I thought for sure we would have another boy. But when you came, your radiant spirit was so different from your brothers. We now knew how tender and sweet is a new baby girl, it was almost palpable. It has been such a joy and pleasure to watch you grow into my little toddler. You are tender and kind, and adore your brothers with intensity. You're happiest when you are with them, surrounded by whatever rambunctious mischief they are making. But what a blessing you are to them. You are teaching them to be sweet and affectionate, as well as protective and nurturing. They needed you to help them grow into good fathers. You are somewhat reserved and cautious. Careful to wait to try new things until you are sure. You absolutely refused to roll over, and never did after the first couple of tries because it scared you. That doesn't stop you from getting what you want though. You definitely have a sassy side. :) You just started walking as you turned one. You still have no hair, but if I ask you to leave a pretty bow on your head and show you how cute you look, you appease me for at least a little while. One of your favorite things to do is to touch other people's hair, you are fascinated by it. Of course we speculate that this is because yours hasn't grown in yet. You are extremely bright and I think you will be talking before too long. You are still my little shadow, wanting to be near me and by my side constantly. This can be trying at times, but I really hope you will always feel that way. I pray you will be patient with me and continue to need me always. You have finally in the last couple of months started to want to be a daddy's girl...at least sometimes. Demanding to be the first held when he comes home and letting him rock you to sleep. He loves being the center of your world when you want him. I look forward to nail polish, baking cookies, shopping for cute things, pink pink and more pink, and all things girly that I will get to experience with you. Thank you for choosing us as your family. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be your mother. I hope I will be what you need. This next year I am sure will be just as memorable as the last. But now we wish you a Happy Happy Birthday
our sweet Nae Nae!

No comments:

Post a Comment